GBIN - Global Business Incubation Network
Goals of GBIN
- To combine the experience and ambition of organisations in the world wide incubation industry to create a global presence
- To promote incubation as an essential industry for development
- To support efforts world wide to develop the industry and the professionalism of the people working in the industry
- To promote entrepreneurship and inform entrepreneurs about the essential role incubators can perform for them.
Policy, Purpose, Process, & Practise
- Business Incubation helps to beat the worldwide challenge to eradicate poverty, empower the people and incorporate everyone in a worldwide value based society
- Business Incubation Programs (Business Incubators) are the most effective development instruments to help change, grow and mature enterprises and economies.
- The GBIN boasts a process that integrates knowledge, experience and interests from BI all over the world, enriches and conceptualises it to be used to support the incubation needs/efforts anywhere
- The GBIN will organise valorisation of knowledge and experience, promotion of incubation at top-level meetings and support the free flow of knowledge and resources to support the professional development BI in developing regions and countries.
It's the mission of the GBIN, the world leader of incubation, to promote the development of a global industry of incubation for the benefit of entrepreneurial people around the globe.
Global Summit of Business Incubation Associations
The Global Summit is a meeting of leading representatives of national and international, formal and informal business incubation associations. The Summit meets at least once a year at a significant business incubation conference.
Initiated by the National Business Incubation Association, NBIA,the first five Summits were held in the US at conferences of the NBIA. The Sixth Summit, hosted by the ADT, Arbeitsgemeinschaft Deutscher Technologie- und Grunderzentren (Association of German Business Incubation and Technology Centers) and SPICE Group was the first one held in Europe. While the first Summits where more informal meetings to learn to know each other, the following Summits agreed on Internal Agreements and/or Resolutions covering topics of importance for the future development of the business incubation industry.